The Women’s History Network is offering one £250 prize for a £250 prize of a Masters dissertation on any aspect of women’s or gender history written during the 2019-2020 academic year. The WHN welcomes research on any period and place, the sky’s the limit!
Winners will be invited to work with us to produce an edited version of their dissertation for the WHN Journal or Blog. Furthermore, winners will receive free membership to the WHN for the following year (applicants must be members to apply).
Criteria for eligibility
- The nominated work must be written in English and have been submitted to a UK University between January and October 2020.
- The dissertation must be an original piece of research undertaken by the applicant on women’s or gender history.
- The dissertation must be submitted in a Microsoft Word or PDF format, it must be a double spaced, word processed document which uses a consistent and recognizable system of academic referencing.
- All applications must be accompanied by an entry form.
- All applicants must be members of the WHN.
- The MA dissertation should be between 10,000 and 25,000 words
- Member of the WHN National Steering Committee are not eligible to apply
Please email your application and the entry form to email@example.com
Closing date for the Undergraduate Prize is 30 September 2020.
Closing date for the Postgraduate Prize is 30 November 2020.