Programme for the sessions
- 10:00 log on – armed with a coffee, tea or whatever your fancy is and meet other participants
- 10:10 – Introductions, ground rules and goal setting
- 10:15 – 11:30 Writing
- 11:30-11:45 Break and discussion
- 11:45-1 Writing
- 16 October
- 30 October
- 13 November
- 27 November
- 11 December
You can attend as many or few of the sessions as you like,
If you want to give this way of writing a try, you will need to register for retreats individually, registration will be open 2 weeks in advance: For the 2 October Session go to https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ab-uQ3rMSBiUPPzxUrBEEw
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
In the meantime some guidance to help you prepare:
A Retreat works best when you:
- Focus exclusively on writing.
- Adhere to the timetable.
- Do not use internet or other mobile technology for research, to answer emails etc etc during the retreat time.
- Define specific goals and sub-goals and perhaps even a planned number of words to write.
- Take stock of your achievements of these goals in the break.
- Discuss your writing with other participants in order to build a culture of mutual peer support.
To prepare for the retreat:
- Decide what you want to focus on writing.
- Review the retreat programme and plan writing tasks for each time-slot.
- Do as much reading and other preparation in advance as you can.
- Download the research you need onto your laptop or a memory stick, get notes, plans, outlines etc. together along with an outline of the structure of your writing project in advance of the session.