An annual £500 prize for a first book in women’s or gender history.
The Women’s History Network (UK) Book Prize is awarded for an author’s first single-authored monograph.
Entries close on 31 March 2020 (for books published from Jan 1st – Dec 31st 2019).
Criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- The book must make a significant contribution to women’s history or gender history.
- The book must be written in English and have and accessible style.
- The book must have been published in the UK between January 1st and 31st December 2019.
- The candidate should be a member of the Women’s History Network (UK).
- The candidate should have been resident in the UK, or affiliated to a UK Institution, for the previous three years.
- The winner should be able to attend the WHN Annual Conference to receive their award. (The WHN will cover the cost of UK rail travel to the Conference venue at the LSE.)
- Current members of the WHN Steering Committee are not eligible to enter the competition.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org