An annual £500 prize is awarded to the team behind a Community History Project by, about, or for women in a particular locale or community. This prize has been sponsored by The History Press since 2014.
We encourage submissions from projects that include a strong element of community engagement or collaboration and which communicate a sense of heritage uncovered and learning shared by participants from outside the academic or professional heritage sector.
Projects can have creative or wellbeing outcomes, as well as research outputs, but the entrants’ activity must have led to the creation of something which is based on and communicates the findings of the group’s historical research, such as a drama production, artwork, website, documentary, pamphlet, heritage trail, book, exhibition, artefact or event.
Criteria for eligibility
- Applications must be submitted electronically on the appropriate form, in a word format, by the submission date of 31 May.
- Applications must be accompanied by the electronic submission of two jpg images showing the project activity which can be used as part of WHN/History Press publicity in print and online.
- The project must have been completed in the 17 months prior to submission.
- A representative of the winning group is expected to attend the WHN Annual Conference to receive their award. (The WHN will cover the cost of UK rail travel for one person from the group to attend the Conference).
- Current members of the WHN Steering Committee are not eligible to enter the competition.
To enter please download and complete the entry form – ENTRY FORM Community History Prize 2019
For further information please email : firstname.lastname@example.org