The Autumn 2017 edition of Women’s History is available now. The digital version of this edition is available free to all. You may purchase this a print copy of this journal here.
- Albert Gallon on ‘Thriving in a man’s world: Elizabeth Martin Knight (c.1670-1737) of Chawton and West Dean, 4
- Lindsey Dodd, French Children under the Allied Bombs, 1940-1945: An Oral History, Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2016, 12
- Michael Brock and Eleanor Brock (eds), Margot Asquith’s Great War Diary 1914-1916: The View from Downing Street, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014, 13
- Anna Sparham (ed), Soldiers & Suffragettes: The Photography of Christina Broom; with contributions by Margaret Denny, Diane Atkinson and Hilary Roberts, London: Philip Wilson Publishers, 2015, 13
- Tim Reinke-Williams, Women, Work and Sociability in Early Modern London, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014, 14
- Melanie Reynolds, Infant Mortality and Working-Class Child Care, 1850-1899, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016, 15
- Kate Murphy, Behind The Wireless: A history of early women at the BBC, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016, 16
- Hannah Greig, Jane Hamlett and Leonie Hannan (eds), Gender and Material Culture in Britain since 1600, London: Palgrave, 2015, 16
- Susan Cohen, The Midwife, London: Bloomsbury Shire Publications, 2016, 16
- Joanna Bourke, The Story of Pain: From Prayer to Painkillers, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014, 18
- Eleanor Fitzsimons, Wilde’s Women: How Oscar Wilde was Shaped by the Women He Knew, London and New York: Duckworth Overlook, 2015, 18
- Susan Pares, Displaced By War: Gertrude Powicke and Quaker Relief in France and Poland 1915-1919, London: Francis Boutle Publishers, 2015, 19
- John Hudson, Shakespeare’s Dark Lady Amelia Bassano Lanier: The Woman Behind Shakespeare’s Plays?, Stroud: Amberley Publishing, 2014, 20
- Sara Read, Maids, Wives, Widows: Exploring Early Modern Women’s Lives 1540-1740, Barnsley: Pen and Sword, 2015, 21
- Patricia & Robert Malcolmson (eds), A Free-Spirited Woman: the London Diaries of Gladys Langford, 1936-1940, Woodbridge, Suffolk: The Boydell Press, 2014, 21
- Susanna Hoe, Malta, Women, History, Books and Places, Oxford: The Women’s History Press, Holo Books, 2015, 22
- Heath Hardage Lee, Winnie Davis: Daughter of The Lost Cause, Lincoln, NE: Potomac Press, 2014, 23
- Kate Cote Gillin, Shrill Hurrahs: Women, Gender, and Racial Violence in South Carolina, 1865-1900, Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 2013, 23
- Blain Roberts, Pageants, Parlors, and Pretty Women: Race and Beauty in the Twentieth- Century South, Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2014, 23
- Zubin Mistry, Abortion in the Early Middle Ages c.500-900, Woodbridge: York Medieval Press, 2015, 24
- Mike Rendell, In Bed with the Georgians: Sex, Scandal and Satire, Barnsley: Pen and Sword, 2016, 25
Download the PDF edition of this journal here.
Purchase this journal. Note that WHN Members who have subscribed to the print edition will received a printed copy free. The PDF edition (ISSN 2059-0164) includes high quality photographs (and in colour where available) as well as active hyper-links.