The Autumn 2017 edition of Women’s History is available now. The digital version of this edition is available free to all members – see details below. You may purchase this journal as a hard copy or download by clicking here.
- Albert Gallon on ‘Thriving in a man’s world: Elizabeth Martin Knight (c.1670-1737) of Chawton and West Dean, 4
- Lindsey Dodd, French Children under the Allied Bombs, 1940-1945: An Oral History, Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2016, 12
- Michael Brock and Eleanor Brock (eds), Margot Asquith’s Great War Diary 1914-1916: The View from Downing Street, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014, 13
- Anna Sparham (ed), Soldiers & Suffragettes: The Photography of Christina Broom; with contributions by Margaret Denny, Diane Atkinson and Hilary Roberts, London: Philip Wilson Publishers, 2015, 13
- Tim Reinke-Williams, Women, Work and Sociability in Early Modern London, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014, 14
- Melanie Reynolds, Infant Mortality and Working-Class Child Care, 1850-1899, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016, 15
- Kate Murphy, Behind The Wireless: A history of early women at the BBC, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2016, 16
- Hannah Greig, Jane Hamlett and Leonie Hannan (eds), Gender and Material Culture in Britain since 1600, London: Palgrave, 2015, 16
- Susan Cohen, The Midwife, London: Bloomsbury Shire Publications, 2016, 16
- Joanna Bourke, The Story of Pain: From Prayer to Painkillers, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014, 18
- Eleanor Fitzsimons, Wilde’s Women: How Oscar Wilde was Shaped by the Women He Knew, London and New York: Duckworth Overlook, 2015, 18
- Susan Pares, Displaced By War: Gertrude Powicke and Quaker Relief in France and Poland 1915-1919, London: Francis Boutle Publishers, 2015, 19
- John Hudson, Shakespeare’s Dark Lady Amelia Bassano Lanier: The Woman Behind Shakespeare’s Plays?, Stroud: Amberley Publishing, 2014, 20
- Sara Read, Maids, Wives, Widows: Exploring Early Modern Women’s Lives 1540-1740, Barnsley: Pen and Sword, 2015, 21
- Patricia & Robert Malcolmson (eds), A Free-Spirited Woman: the London Diaries of Gladys Langford, 1936-1940, Woodbridge, Suffolk: The Boydell Press, 2014, 21
- Susanna Hoe, Malta, Women, History, Books and Places, Oxford: The Women’s History Press, Holo Books, 2015, 22
- Heath Hardage Lee, Winnie Davis: Daughter of The Lost Cause, Lincoln, NE: Potomac Press, 2014, 23
- Kate Cote Gillin, Shrill Hurrahs: Women, Gender, and Racial Violence in South Carolina, 1865-1900, Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 2013, 23
- Blain Roberts, Pageants, Parlors, and Pretty Women: Race and Beauty in the Twentieth- Century South, Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2014, 23
- Zubin Mistry, Abortion in the Early Middle Ages c.500-900, Woodbridge: York Medieval Press, 2015, 24
- Mike Rendell, In Bed with the Georgians: Sex, Scandal and Satire, Barnsley: Pen and Sword, 2016, 25
WHN Members log in to download your pdf copy of this edition.
Purchase this journal. Note that WHN Members who have subscribed to the print edition will received a printed copy free. The PDF edition (ISSN 2059-0164) includes high quality photographs (and in colour where available) as well as active hyper-links.