We are pleased to announce the annual WHN book prize, which awards £500 for an author’s first single-authored monograph in women’s or gender history. Entries close on 13 October 2023 for books published from 1 Jan – 31 Dec 2022.
Criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- The book must make a significant contribution to women’s history or gender history.
- The book must be written in English and have an accessible style.
- The book must have been published in the UK between 1 January and 31 December 2022 and be the author’s first single-authored monograph.
- The candidate should be a member of the Women’s History Network (UK).
- The candidate should have been resident in the UK, or affiliated to a UK Institution, for the previous three years.
- The candidate/publisher must be willing to arrange for four physical copies of the book to be sent to the WHN for distribution to the judges.
- The winner should be able to attend the WHN Annual Conference to receive their award. (The WHN will cover the cost of UK rail travel to the Conference venue. There may also be the opportunity to join virtually.)
- The winner will be expected to write a contribution for the WHN blog and to take part in the 2022-2023 WHN Online seminar series.
- Current members of the WHN Steering Committee are not eligible to enter the competition.
For further information please contact: email@example.com