The Spring 2018 edition of Women’s History is available now. The digital version of this edition is available free to all members – see details below. You may purchase this journal as a hard copy or download by clicking here.
- Brianna Robertson-Kirkland and Elizabeth Ford on ‘Women and Education in the Long Eighteenth Century’, 3
- Elizabeth Ford on ‘Music lessons for girls in eighteenth-century Scotland’, 4
- Katrina Faulds on ‘Dance and dance music at girls’ boarding schools in England at the turn of the nineteenth century’, 9
- Penelope Cave on ‘Musical mothers and the Mother Church: Lessons from the Jerningham letters’, 15
- Isobel Stark on ‘The Viscountess, the Scientific Philanthropist and the School of Industry’, 20
- Nel Whiting on ‘”I like school much better every day longer I stay”: Educating the Hunter Blair girls’, 26
- Brianna E Robertson-Kirkland on ‘Music-making: a fundamental or a vain accomplishment?’, 30
- Jennifer Roberts, The Beauty of Her Age: A Tale of Sex, Scandal and Money in Victorian England, Gloucestershire, Amberley Books, 2016, 35
- Camilla Mork Rostvik and Ella Louise Sutherland (eds), Suffragette Legacy: How Does The History of Feminism Inspire Current Thinking in Manchester,
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015, 35
- Arlette Farge, The Allure of the Archives, New Haven and London,Yale University Press, 2013, 36
- Mary Dockray-Miller, The Books and the Life of Judith of Flanders, Farnham, Surrey and Burlington, VT, USA, Ashgate Publishing Limited/Company, now Routledge, 2015, 37
- Katherine J. Parkin, Women at the Wheel: A Century of Buying, Driving, and Fixing Cars, University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia, 2017, 38
- Nicola Gordon Bowe, Wilhemina Geddes Life and Work, Dublin, Four Courts Press, 2016, 39
WHN Members log in to download your pdf copy of this edition.
Purchase this journal. Note that WHN Members who have subscribed to the print edition will received a printed copy free. The PDF edition (ISSN 2059-0164) includes high quality photographs (and in colour where available) as well as active hyper-links.