Download the PDF edition of this journal here.
Purchase this journal as a hard copy here.
Pregnacy Special Issue
- Katarzyna Bronk on From one father to another: William Cobbett’s advice on motherhood and maternity, 5
- Sara Read on ‘Thanksgiving after Twice Miscarrying’: Divine Will, Women, and Miscarriage in Early Modern England, 11
- Hannah Charnock on ‘This Haunting Sadness’: Press coverage of John Corrie’s Abortion (Amendment) Bill, 1979-1980, 16
- Chelsea Phillips on Mrs. Pickle’s mistake: the origins of an eighteenth-century satirical print, 23
- Emma O’Toole on Dressing the expectant mother: Maternity fashion in eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century Ireland, 26
- Jessica L. Malay, The Case of Mrs Mary Hampson: Her Story of Marriage, Abuse and Defiance in Seventeenth-Century England, Stanford: Stanford University Press: 2014, 33
- Sean Ward (ed. and trans.), Memoirs (1630–1680): Sophia of Hanover, Toronto, Centre For Reformation and Renaissance Studies and ITER: 2013, 33
- Yvonne McEwen, In the Company of Nurses. The History of the British Army Nursing Services in the Great War, Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2014, 34
- Vivien Newman, We Also Served. The Forgotten Women of the First World War, Barnsley, Yorkshire: Pen & Sword History, 2014, 34
- V. Brownlee, & L. Gallagher, (eds), Biblical Women in Early Modern Literary Culture, 1550-1700, Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2015, 36
- P. G. Maxwell-Stuart, The British Witch: The Biography, Stroud: Amberley Publishing, 2014, 36
- Hester Vaizey, Born in the GDR Living in the Shadow of the Wall, Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 2014, 37
- Christine Muscat, Magdalene Nuns and Penitent Prostitutes, Malta Book Distributors Limited, 2013, 38
- Deborah Heller (ed.) Bluestockings Now! The Evolution of a Social Role, Farnham, Surrey and Burlington VT: Ashgate Publishing Limited, 2015, 39
Purchase this journal The PDF edition (ISSN 2059-0164) now includes high quality photographs (and in colour where available) as well as active hyper-links.