- Dr Yu Wang on ‘Feminine Frequencies’: Gender, Radio, and the Auditory Culture of Revolution in 1940s China, 4
- Dr Vanessa Jackson on ‘Frocks and Powder Puffs, 13
- Dr Sonia Robles on María Luisa Ross: Mexican Educator, Writer and Radio Station Manager, 23
- Dr Andrea Smith on Cathleen Nesbitt: Britain’s First Radio Drama Producer, 32
- Birgitte Jallov on ‘Women on the Air’: A Contribution to the History of Women in Community Radio in Europe, 36
From the Archive
- Broadcasting History but also Working Lives: Women’s History in the BBC’s Written Archives, 42
Spotlight on Research
- Professor Emilie Morin on The Women Diarists of Early Radio, 45
- Sarah Arnold, Gender and Early Television: Mapping Women’s Role in Emerging US and British Media, 1850-1950, London: Bloomsbury Academic, 2021, 48
- Purcell, Jennifer J. Mother of the BBC, Mabel Constanduros and the Development of Popular Entertainment on the BBC, 1925-57, New York, London, Oxford, New Delhi and Sydney: Bloomsbury Academic, 2020, 48
- Frances Galt, Women’s Activism Behind the Screens: Trade Unions and Gender Inequality in the British Film and Television Industries, Bristol: Bristol University Press, 2021, 50
- Justine Lloyd, Gender and Media in the Broadcast Age: Women’s Radio Programming at the BBC, CBC, and ABC, New York, London, and Dublin: Bloomsbury Academic, 2021, 50
WHN Members – login and download your free digital copy from this page.
WHN Members who have subscribed to the print edition will receive a printed copy shortly. The PDF edition (ISSN 2752-6704) includes high quality photographs (and in colour where available) as well as active hyper-links.