An annual £500 prize for a first book in women’s or gender history.
The Women’s History Network (UK) Book Prize is awarded for an author’s first single-authored monograph, which makes a significant contribution to women’s history or gender history.
Entries close on 31 March 2018 (for books published during 2017).
Criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- The book must be written in English and have and accessible style.
- The book must have been published in the UK between January 1st and 31st December 2017.
- The candidate should be a member of the Women’s History Network (UK).
- The candidate should have been resident in the UK, or affiliated to a UK Institution, for the previous three years.
- The winner should be able to attend the WHN Annual Conference to receive their award on 31 August – 1st September 2018. (The WHN will cover the cost of UK rail travel to the Conference venue at the University of Portsmouth.)
- Current members of the WHN Steering Committee are not eligible to enter the competition.
For further information please contact Prof Maggie Andrews, chair of the panel of judges: email: email@example.com