Call for Papers: Women Encountering Emancipation and Adversity within the 20th Century
14th March 2022
Abstract deadline 15th December 2021
The University of Chichester is hosting an online interdisciplinary Humanities conference on the 14th March 2022. The conference is focusing upon the representations and voices of women in the 20th Century. We welcome papers that explore these areas of research;
- Emancipation and Adversity of Women throughout 20th Century (global) wars
- Women within the Constructs of Religion
- Women, Diversity and Equality: Suffrage, Pay, Sexual Liberation
- Women on the Frontline: The Forces, Government, and Health
- Paper proposals should include an abstract of no more than 250 words and a speaker biography of maximum of 100 words.
- Panel proposals are welcomed. proposals should include a brief rationale for the panel of no more than 100 words, abstracts of 250 words for each paper proposed as part of the panel, and speaker biographies of no more than 100 words each.
Speakers will be allocated 30 minutes for their presentation and questions. Papers should be a maximum of 20 minutes in length followed by ten minutes for questions and discussion.
Key note speakers to be confirmed.
Many thanks to the Women’s History Network, for funding this conference and continued support.