The Women’s History Network is offering two WHN fellowships to support ECRs. Each fellowships is designed provide some financial support to those in that challenging time between completing their doctorate and their first academic post to continue working in women’s history. The fellowship will include
- £1500 which can be used in any way that enables the Fellow to sustain their role as a researcher, for example on conference attendance, visits to archives, or to pay copyright fees for images for a publication or a public engagement activity.
- £250 to organise an event or other activity to connect ECRs working in Women’s History or to undertake an alternative task to promote the WHN and up to £250 of expenses are available to support this.
- Costs to attend the 2020 conference.
The deadline for applications is 1 August and the result will be communicated to the successful applicants by 1 September. Fellowships will last from 1 October 2019 – 30 September 2020.
Enquiries about the Fellowships may be sent to Prof. Maggie Andrews, the Chair of the WHN and submissions made electronically to email@example.com
Members of the selection committee will be drawn from the Women’s History Network’s Steering Committee.
- The fellowships are open to anyone within seven years of completing their PhD (not including career breaks).
- They are only open to those who are not in full time academic employment.
- Those awarded Fellowships will be expected to write a WHN blog post at the end of year and present a paper at the 2020 WHN Annual Conference (the costs of attending the conference will be covered as part of the Fellowship).
- Any publications or outputs that result from the Fellowship should include an acknowledgement of funding received from the Women’s History Network.
- Applicants must be members of the Women’s History Network at the time of application. Members of the current Women’s History Network Steering Committee are ineligible to apply.
To join the Women’s History Network UK please go to www.womenshistorynetwork.org
Application form ECR proposed fellowship application KL