The Women’s History Network is offering a small grant of up to £750 to support the direct costs of those researching women’s history, who are not employed in higher education. The research should be intended to lead to a published outcome and costs that will be covered include, for example, travel and accommodation when visiting archives, photocopying or photographic licences required for work in archives.
The award made will not cover:
- Conference attendance costs
- Equipment costs
- Publication costs
- Subsistence costs (i.e. food and drink)
- Administration costs
All applicants should complete the application form and submit it electronically with a one page CV as word documents, via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 1 August and the result will be communicated to the successful applicant/s by 1 September.
Enquiries about the Research Fund may be sent to Prof. Maggie Andrews, the Chair of the WHN and submissions made electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the selection committee will be drawn from the Women’s History Network’s Steering Committee.
- The research grants are only open to those who are not in full time academic employment or on in receipt of a pension from a full time academic post.
- Research Projects must take place between 1 October 2020 – 1 September 2021.
- Those who awarded a research grant will be expected to write a WHN blog post at the end of the year.
- Any publications or outputs that result from the grant should include an acknowledgement of funding received from the Women’s History Network.
- Applicants must be members of the Women’s History Network at the time of submitting their application. Members of the current Women’s History Network Steering Committee are ineligible to apply.
To join the Women’s History Network UK please go to www.womenshistorynetwork.org
Download Application Form Here Independent Researcher Application Form