The WHN is delighted to announce the annual WHN book prize, which awards £500 for an author’s first single-authored monograph in women’s or gender history. Entries close on 31 March 2022 (for books published from Jan 1st – Dec 31st 2021).
Criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- The book must make a significant contribution to women’s history or gender history.
- The book must be written in English and have and accessible style.
- The book must have been published in the UK between January 1st and 31st December 2021.
- The candidate should be a member of the Women’s History Network (UK).
- The candidate should have been resident in the UK, or affiliated to a UK Institution, for the previous three years.
- The winner should be able to attend the WHN Annual Conference to receive their award. (The WHN will cover the cost of UK rail travel to the Conference venue. There may also be the opportunity to join virtually.)
- The winner will be expected to write a contribution for the WHN blog and to take part in the 2022-2023 WHN Online seminar series.
- Current members of the WHN Steering Committee are not eligible to enter the competition.
For further information please contact: email@example.com